Sunday, September 07, 2014

A gift of bits and pieces


A friend passed along a bag of scraps today, which someone had passed her (she's not a quilter, but she does some crafts), so I had a sort through and cut it into some pieces - a few larger sized squares for my squares collections, some strips, and the rest just manageable scraps, to go in the scrap basket. I cut away a lot of weird sized edges - obviously some dressmaking offcuts, etc.  


Some of it is poly-cotton blends, but most of it was pretty decent stuff - a good feel and not too thin, so  I think I will use it in PL quilts anyway, despite being a blend (the stripy fabric at front is 100 per cent cotton, as were some other pieces). 


Of course, my scrap basket is now dangerously full!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Those aren 't scraps - those are "starters" for the next project !!!! Well done.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The last scrap bag I was given had some real cr@p in it, you did well!

sewkalico said...

'Dangerously full' - I love that LOL