Saturday, August 30, 2014

Goodies!


Well, one can't attend a quilt show without buying a few things, though I didn't buy much fabric at all. I picked up this piece at £5/metre - there was more than 1.5 metres left on the end of the bolt, but she only charged me for one and a half; it will make a nice border on some charity tops, with all the colours in it.


And these six pieces are all remnants/offcuts - all width of fabric, some quite big - over a quarter - they were from the bargain bin at my friend Meg's stand (New Threads Quilt Shop). I resisted looking at the non-remnant fabric on her stand, especially as I had already raided the moda charm packs and FQ bundles at Sandown...


I had a great time browsing through the buttons on the Textile Garden stand, 


and picked up some cheap cross-stitch kits from the clearance bin on another stand - not sure which as I looked at several cross-stitch stands. Also picked up a cross-stitch map of Leicestershire, which I have decided to stitch up for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law for Christmas (maybe Christmas 2015!  we'll see how it goes) but which I didn't seem photograph for some reason - can't work up the energy to do it now...


Also picked up these lovely charts, three of which are going away in the birthday drawer, so I'll pretend I don't know about them.


Finally, a 3D cross-stitch Christmas ornament, shaped like a house, which almost certainly won't get stitched for this year, a kit to make a tiny landscape card from fabric from Sally Hollman's stand (her kits were very reasonably priced, and I was tempted by some of the larger ones, but thought I was more likely to get a tiny one actually finished!).  And last but not least, some free thread samples, again from New Threads - they are stocking a few new Aurifil types, and this is the sample pack of all the different weights, including a 6 strand floss on a wooden bobbin (how sad is it that I can see myself buying these just because they look lovely and are so practical, wound on bobbins...)  

A very rewarding trip, goodies wise, especially as I didn't make it to the Knit and Stitch or Stitch and Craft shows this year, and there were no cross-stitch vendors at Sandown (one vendor selling stitcheries, but virtually no cross-stitch, which is my addiction...)  I've started one of the new pieces tonight, but you'll have to wait until Wednesday to see which one!

2 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

A great haul there! At last someone marketing embroidery threads not in packaging designed to get the whole lot knotted! I wrap each colour around a clothes / dolly peg, but will look out for aurifil in future!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your shopping style is very much like mine - go to the clearance and bargain bins too! You've managed to friend quite a number of terrific items.