Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Cross stitch update...


This one is nearly finished, but I've had to stop as I am out of white (easily obtainable) and the green colour for the border (which I need to order online). I also don't seem to have any of the colour for the roof of the Beach House.  But I'll put an order in with my supplier and get ahold of those threads soon, so I can finish it off. Maybe even in time for it to still be summery out - summer usually hangs on here until late September, so I'm in good shape...




This one, obviously, has lots more stitching to it - in fact, the green grass extends another few inches to the left, but I've had to stop stitching it, because again, I've run out of green - there's a lot of green there; I used up a whole order of the colour (which is called, brilliantly, Scuppernong). But there's plenty to work on which isn't grass, so it's not really a problem...  I'll probably take this one and another when I go away next week to a friend's - perhaps another of the little sheep virtues. Or maybe I'll just take a couple of those. We'll see!


1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

It's a bugger when you run out of thread!! That is a great shade of green. The stitching is looking good.