Saturday, September 14, 2013

Another set of blocks assembled


As regular visitors know, I am working my way through my various sets of blocks which I have accumulated, trying to put them into tops, so I can border them (in some cases, anyway) and send them off to my contacts to be made into quilts for Project Linus. The latest accomplishment is this set of flying geese blocks, which are now together into a top. I just need to find a suitable fabric for the border - it might have to wait for a while. Or I might use some of the Hawaiian shirt fabric which I was given this summer on it. I think it would suit. 

I now have 6 quilt tops (including this one) which need borders before being sent on, and 6 sets of blocks waiting to be assembled. Of those 6 sets, two are ones which will be for quilts for myself (or at least, not for charity - they might go for gifts). The other 4 are scrappy sets of various sorts.  Slowly getting there. I'd like to turn all four of those sets into tops - or at least top centres - they might not get borders just yet - before the end of the year. This should be a very achievable goal - my favourite type!

4 comments:

black bear cabin said...

cruising right along! i havent had a chance to quilt for a while with the crazy summer we had and the new job...but as the weather cools here, im looking forward to getting out my scissors :)
thanks for the inspiration Kate!

Vicki W said...

You are on a roll! I bet Project Linus loves you.

Plum Cox said...

What a busy bee! Bet that it feels good to be using the piles of blocks that you have!

Lynne said...

You have been keeping busy! Achievable goals are much more sensible than the unrealistic ones I seem to keep setting myself!