Sunday, September 08, 2013

And even more bordered quilts


I do feel slightly repetitive these days, as I mostly seem to be adding borders to small, already made quilts. But I'd like the get them all bordered and then out of my house! We'll see. At some point, I will probably run out of fabric which is suitable for borders and get stuck (though I don't have a lot more blocks left to stitch together into donation quilts - just a few). These were some scrappy trip around the world blocks - I had made nine and then got sidetracked, but actually, I thought, that's enough - they can go together into a quilt with a border.


I'm not totally thrilled with the placement of the reds, but by the time I really noticed it, it was too late.


And here's another - using some blocks made with hand-dyes and string squares, joined into QST units and then bordered with a difficult material which I dug out of my stash.

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Pretty quilts--just love the last one pictured--great colorways with those strings, too!! Julierose

Lynne said...

I like what you've done with the STAW blocks. I assume they leave your house as tops not whole quilts since you didn't mention fabric for backing or binding?