Friday, January 11, 2013

ALQS7 Grand Reveal


Well, I have finally got around to doing the Grand Reveal of who made what in the ALQS7, so I can actually go ahead and show the quilt I myself made for the swap - it was this little piece called Three Mother Goddesses.  The piece is 12x12" and uses a piece of discharged fabric for the background, with other hand-dyed fabrics used for the other parts of the quilt.  In the end, it went to New Zealand to a new home - I hope Jan is enjoying it!


This piece was inspired by a little fragment in the Museum at the Roman Baths, when I went there this past summer:


It was only small - several inches high - but it really caught my eye. It was described as Three Mother Goddesses, hence the name of my own piece. 



A detail of the quilting.

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Kate...I LOVE this! The inspiration piece is so interesting and the quilted version is amazing! Fantastic machine quilting to give it such texture and movement.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

How lovely, Kate! I really, really like this one! Nice interpretation of the original!

Needled Mom said...

That is really pretty and I love the inspiration for it. I am sure Jan loves it.