Thursday, January 05, 2012

Goal review

As I suspected, there wasn't a vast amount of free time in December, but I did still manage to get some things done...  Here's a review of my goals:
  • 5 Farmer's Wife blocks (hope springs eternal!) - I have to say, I'm a little disillusioned with the blocks for this - should have perhaps chosen one fabric which would feature or something, and then incorporated it into each of the blocks. Perhaps might start again, doing just that! Not like I've made that many blocks, anyway.  - As discussed on my blog, I decided to drop this and start over. Which I will do, in January. Hopefully!
  • October block for Oh My Stars BOM - done.
  • Piece BOM together - done. Woo hoo!
  • at least one scrappy charity quilt top. - didn't get one made in December (although I might end up giving this one away, when I decide if it's finished or not). But I have already made one in January, so there's a good chance I'll get more than one done for this month!. 
  • Baby quilt for my SIL- done
So, what's on the cards for January?
  • 5 Farmer's Wife blocks (new ones, using the taupes)
  • January blocks for block lotto
  • Starter block for Cotton Robin - done, but can't show it!
  • at least one charity quilt top - one done, but want to try to do another one, using a .5 metre piece from stash
  • red circular flying geese block for Rainbow Scrap Challenge
Ambitious, perhaps, but you gotta have something to aim for, right?  And I've managed to cross off two items already and it's only the 5th, so it's not all bad...

No comments: