Monday, February 23, 2009

Schoolhouse sampler

A wee cross-stitch update today - the little schoolhouse sampler for Cathi, which I finished entirely within this week (it's only small) and my bird from last week - he was nearly done, but I've now labelled him and put his state up, so we all know what he is. Next on the list, another bird, then I think a little topiary tree which Julie sent me the pattern for. Probably won't get a lot done this week, though, as I have 3 evenings out - tomorrow, a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house, Thursday night a meeting with the aforementioned Julie and Helen for dinner in London, and Friday will be a family dinner out as it's my anniversary (16 years) - my mother, who is visiting at the moment, did offer to babysit so Geoff and I could go out alone, but we decided we'd just all go instead... Three nights out will certainly be fun, but not so good for the cross-stitching!

4 comments:

mumzy said...

Still love the birds. Congrats on your 16th anniversary. Have fun on your nights out.

Vicki W said...

It's OK to have some fun occasionally but you get right back on it next week! LOL!

Unknown said...

YOu can bring the cross stitch to dinner - I will spoon your desert into your mouth for you as you stitch :)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Happy anniversary Kate! I just love the birds, especially the mountain blue bird. I saw that one on a recent Nature show.