Monday, February 09, 2009

Cross stitch Monday



No sign of the birds this week (actually, it's a fortnight's worth of update as I didn't post my cross-stitch last week - I had actual sewing to show because of the snow days) as I have been finishing up this heart - decided I'd like to have it finished before Valentine's Day so I could enjoy it seasonally. And yes, I'm putting off going back to the birds. But next cross-stitch back out of the box will be the birds. Of course, I have several things that want binding (though it's not attached yet, so it may be a little while) and the winter blue & white mini quilt wants loads of beads, so that may be the bulk of the hand-work this week.

I did actually pop into my local haberdashery shop today, but as what I bought was 3 metres of bondaweb (I should really buy it by the box - I go through that stuff like my kids go through cereal) and two spools of orange thread (which means I can send my Ostrich off to Anne later this week - woo hoo), I thought I'd spare you the photo.

2 comments:

Clare said...

Sweet hearts (LOL).I do that with thread. Why buy one reel when you should buy two as you're only going to have to go back in 3 weeks.

Anonymous said...

The heart is very pretty :)