Thursday, August 25, 2016

Cotton Robin - the Quilting


And finally, here is the quilt which I received to quilt in the Cotton Robin round robin this year.  The original centre block was just the turtle; several people worked on the piece to add the borders. When it came to me, it was like this (but not quilt or bound). 


I choes this fabric for the back, a nice sea-ish batik, and bound it with blue and brown. 


The quilting has some little seashells, 


fish


and waves in it, as appropriate. 


This was fun to work on.  And I think the finished quilt is very effective.

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Perfect quilting for that quilt!!

ruthsplace said...

It's fabulous and the quilting is perfect.

Sharon W. said...

Get outta here: I made that turtle block some years ago....now where did I put that UFO? Yes, yours is a nice little themed piece.