Thursday, October 29, 2015

Ben's Shirts Quilts: Step 1


A little while back I mentioned that I'd agreed to make some quilts for a friend from her late husband's shirts, for her two sons. Finally, I've had a chance to sort through the clothes a bit and think about where to start.  There are loads of shirts (and one pair of trousers - perhaps pyjama bottoms), so it will be interesting to see what I can do with them... First step, though, was to sort out those with a specific, large pattern/logo and deal with them: 


So that's what I did. These have large logos/pictures, so I've used some interfacing to stabilise them and made them into large squares or rectangles to allow the maximum use of the designs. 


Next step: buy more interfacing!  Most of the shirts are t-shirts, so are quite soft & flexible - great on your body, not so great when quilting.

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Those will make such treasured finishes. T-shirts work out pretty well once stabilized.