Thursday, February 26, 2015

Time to make more block sets!


Of course, now that I've sewn all my lurking block sets into tops, it's time to start making block sets again!  And the first thing to do is tackle my bag of strips, which was getting pretty full.  


I had a quick look in the scrap basket, which wasn't that full (though it's getting there) and spotted these off cut brown HST units (from the Big Brown O's). I thought they'd make quite a good  centre for some blocks using strips, so that was the direction I went in.  


End result: some scrappy blocks in varying sizes (top picture above) and a somewhat reduced bag of strips (though it still needs work - problem now is that lots of those strips are very short, so they need to be used for a different kind of block...)  The blocks above may take a while to get used up, because they aren't all the same size, so I'll have to be more creative when using them, or mix them with other blocks, or something.


2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It is such fun to see your thought process in making all of those great quilts.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The scraps must breed!