Sunday, May 04, 2014

Double Chevrons


These are blocks I won in the Block Lotto a few months ago. I didn't use quite all the blocks I won (36 - I used 32 in this layout) as I decided that this was the layout I wanted. So I chose the ones which fit best in colour. For instance, one of my own grey blocks was too yellow a grey compared to the others and stood out. Another block had a white background which was a little creamier in colour than the others - again, it stood out. And so on. Those blocks will go in my orphan bag, though, and head off to Project Linus to be used in quilts there, so they'll be happy in their new home, I should think!  Now I just have to decide if it wants a border or not. Probably, but no idea what to use with it - it's fairly large already...

2 comments:

ruthsplace said...

I'd add a border, but that's just because I love seeing the border fabrics you come up with :)

Vicki W said...

I like these blocks! Another great use of HST blocks.