Thursday, October 11, 2012

Scrapbuster Squares


This absolutely ancient top (from about 2006, I think) was the result of a swap of 16 patch blocks - 2" squares. I have had it put together for a long time, but it's very big, so it needed to be longarmed. I have to ration what I have longarmed, as unfortunately, I am not made of money. Anyway, it was finally the turn of this beast, and I got it back this week.


It looks great, of course! 


The backing is a large single piece of fabric which I found in a car boot sale for £4. As I intend this quilt to be a car-blanket/picnic quilt I thought it really suited it for a backing. Of course, I still have to bind the quilt...

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Both sides are lovely. Have fun with the binding - I think it will eat into your cross-stitching time some time soon!

Lyndsey said...

Great quilt and I love the backing fabric.

ruthsplace said...

It looks wonderful, and I love the backing fabric.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Love the colors in this one!