Sunday, January 03, 2010

Some bits and pieces



We've been quite busy the past few days, so not a lot of sewing has been done, however I did have time to pin together a quilt (which will actually be a tablecloth) ready for quilting. Not sure how I will quilt it yet, but at least it's pinned together now!

I have also been slowly but surely putting together the blocks for the homespun tree skirt - there are now 16 units of 4 blocks. This is my least favourite part of making a quilt (or at least, if the quilt is composed of blocks) - joining the blocks into rows or squares and so on into a quilt top. Soon I will have the whole top pieced. Then it will (no doubt!) sit in my sewing room because there's plenty of time, until round about November when I panic and remember it's supposed to be finished as a gift...



And here's the finished baby quilt - I finished the binding a few days ago, but keep forgetting to photograph it.

5 comments:

mumzy said...

That project will make a beautiful table cloth. Nice work!

Gene Black said...

Kate, both of those are gorgeous.
I must say that joining the blocks is more "nerve wracking" to me. I fret over matching the corners and usually have a few that are off a bit. C'est la vie!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love those stars...love how you've got one in each different colour.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Love the colors of the baby quilt.

Brenda said...

Your quilts are wonderful. My cousin quilts beautiful quilts too. I would love to see more. Happy New Year.