Monday, November 12, 2018

Revisiting my Journal Quilt Project - the final Journal Quilt



Here's the last of the year of journal quilts - number 52. I did a very simple JQ this week, representing both the end of this project - my 40th birthday - and the beginning - my dad's shirts, which was what I used for the very first JQ I did. In this instance, I used a piece with the pocket still intact, and I intend to cut some bits from the cards I receive, to keep in the pocket. I enjoyed this project, but I was glad to have it finished!  Hard to believe that 10 years ago, I had time to sew nearly every day - what a luxury. Now the kids are growing up and I'm working full time again - I'm lucky to get time to do anything on the weekend, let alone in the week...And my big birthday looming isn't 40 but another one!

No comments: