Tuesday, October 20, 2015

String Squares


As the string bag was getting a bit full, it was time to make some more string squares - I love these kinds of blocks, and they always seem to work well together. Excellent for getting rid of strings and strips of any width, and most lengths, and amazingly, all the fabrics seem to go together quite well, regardless of pattern, colour, etc. Sometimes, you can put a single colour in the middle strip, to unify it a bit, but this time I didn't. Maybe next time.  The main thing here is that they are stitched on a foundation fabric, and I'm running out of suitable fabrics to use as foundations - must pick up something cheap and ugly to use as foundations for future blocks...



2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love string blocks too. They make such pretty quilts.

ruthsplace said...

I'm a fan of string blocks too. My string blocks have been put together, but I've decided to add a piano key scrappy border. Just need to get the strips all cut to the same length (in all my spare time).