Thursday, August 20, 2015

A visit to Plush Addict


So yesterday, my friend Lana, who is a longarm quilter, decided to take a trip to Plush Addict in Kent to pick up some fabric for a couple of quilts she's working on (her own, not business), and she asked me if I'd like to come along (neither of us had been to this shop before as it's a little far for a quick trip - more of an expedition). "Why no," I said, "I have plenty of fabric and don't really like going to quilt shops." Ha! Bet you didn't believe that anyway...  We went today as it was the only time we seemed to both be free and around... 

 It's a huge shop, as it happens, with lots of fabric - and I found that the same thing happened there as often happens to me in US shops - too much choice, too hard to decide what to buy. Which doesn't mean I didn't find anything, of course. I did get some very cute giraffe fabric, and a packet of fat quarters in this lovely range, which doesn't show well in the photo (too many purples, no doubt)...



2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Ha! It is a problem, isn't it? It sounds like fun though.

Vicki W said...

I am the same way. I can't shop for clothes in places like TJ Maxx and can't shop for fabric in MaryJos. Too many options is just overwhelming for me.