Monday, February 17, 2014

State of the Scrapbasket


Had a look in my scrap basket today and decided it was getting a bit out of control. It may not look full, but it's a big basket - you don't want to see how much fits in it when it's full.... Anyway, as I had the day off and intended to spend a large part of it sewing or doing other sewing type things, I decided it was time to trim scraps. 


These little boxes (which fit in little frame things) hold my scrap squares - 5" is the largest size (the boxes are essentially 5" square anyway) and they go down in half inches, until the last one, which is "smaller than 2" square).  But not much smaller - I don't keep the teeny tiny stuff. 


Here's what a few of them looked like before I started cutting - not too bad.


Here they are again, when I'd finished, 


here's the scrap basket


and here's the pile of strips I added to my bag of scrap strips


which is looking a little full.   Guess what's next on my to-do list!

5 comments:

Heather said...

That must feel good! All ready for the next project.

Marei said...

The moon must be in "scrap organizing" phase because I've spent my entire day cutting and organizing my scraps, too. Now I just need to sew for 40 hours a day for the next 1000 days and maybe I can get all the scraps sewn into quilts!

Plum Cox said...

Brilliant! Love the idea of being so organised - perhaps if we all wish hard enough we could magic up a cutting fairy to share (with her friends the ironing and folding fairies?) - I think that it's the only way my scraps would ever be so under control!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Bravo!
I just recently started cutting my scraps and organizing my pieces, as you have. Your basket is empty - I have three or four grocery bags and boxes that still need cutting and sorting.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Inspiring...I have a little pile of scraps that needs cutting dow,...I ought to get to it! :o)