Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Cross Stitch Update


Real progress being made on this green dress - the basic shape is all there and it just needs filling in, in a couple of shades of green. I imagine I'll finish in the next few days - and I'm not even tired of it, like I am some years. I think just planning to complete a small area helped me not feel overwhelmed...



As I finished the Winter Wonderland piece on the weekend, I also pulled out another easier piece - one last seasonal one - to use as an alternate when my eyes or my brain can't quite take the detail in the angels.  For an idea of what this one looks like, check out these photos on The Patchwork Rabbit (Karla is my enabler supplier for all things cross-stitchy).


Oh, and Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I hear you! It looks wonderful. Happy new year.

Claudia said...

oh so pretty !!

Lynne said...

Choosing to concentrate on a small area obviously works well for you.

ruthsplace said...

Looks great, and happy new year to you as well!

J Barham said...

I am just beginning again to work on cross stitching projects. I had done cross stitching years ago and now want to do it again. I have 2 kits for now but haven't started on any yet. I'm glad I found your blog!