Friday, September 02, 2011

Another baby quilt finished - mostly


On my quilting day the other day, I not only managed to strew bamboo across my mother's quilt, but I also did a quick clamshell pattern on this small baby quilt, which will be for Sarah's form tutor, who is having a second baby later this autumn (she's leaving at October half term). Only (only!) about 3 more baby quilts to go...



This is one of my favourite quilting patterns, but as it's labour- and thread-intensive, I only do it on small quilts.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a really cute quilt!

Lynne said...

What a lovely quilt!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Gorgeous...I have 2 baby quilts to make for October and I have yet to start!! ACK! I better get moving! :o)

Needled Mom said...

It is a great quilt and I LOVE the quilting!!! Very nice! It's a great way to welcome a new little one.

sophie said...

It's so cute and the quilting design is a nice curvey contrast to the straight lines of the pieced blocks. I'm sure the new mom-to-be will love it.

Ruth's Place said...

It's a wonderful quilt.