Saturday, July 02, 2011

Purple Baby Quilt


So, I got the first of the baby quilts quilted today - this is a good thing as this baby has actually been born already (but only just). It will be a little late as a gift, but at least it meant I knew the baby was a girl and could choose a top which is less neutral than some of the others! Tomorrow I will be attaching binding and then sewing it down in the evening, and hopefully it can wing its way to its new home on Monday. I used a sort of echoing heart pattern across the whole top. The backing is a piece of purple hand-dye - you can see it peeking out from behind the finished piece.


7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I am lovin' the purples. Great gift.

Lynne said...

Yummo! I love purple.

Sarah Craig said...

It's very pretty, Kate! I love your design....

quiltmom anna said...

What a gorgeous quilt Kate- its a lovely design and those purples are wonderful together. Lucky baby..
Congratulations to the new family - may they have many years filled with rich family times together.
Regards,
Anna

sophie said...

What an interesting "block" ... I might have to add it to the growing list of future lotto blocks ;-)

sewkalico said...

Great quilting on a lovely quilt. I love sewing the binding down - ever since you converted me to traditional binding I have been able to have that pleasure! Thanks Kate!

greelyrita said...

Great quilt Kate! Mind you, although different, it's a lot like my H2H flimsy, so I'm not exactly impartial. ha ha. Good job!!