Sunday, July 11, 2010

Canal House D



This time around, I decided to do the edges of the windows, doors, window frames, house top, etc by couching yarn down with a zigzag stitch - this worked well, and wasn't too labour intensive. I might well use this method again on another house. Ta da!



I did some other sewing today, as well, but as I know I have another week of no sewing during the week (working both morning and afternoon), I will save the photos for a little later in the week. I also have an update on the Stay At Home Robin - at least 3 people have shared their starter blocks with me, so I'll blog about that - and maybe a cross-stitch update, too. So, a little better than last week, which was a bit of a desert on the blog...

4 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Kate, that is so gorgeous! I just love what you've done with that fabric - so unique!

Amanda said...

I really want to join the at home group but I'm 100 odd miles away from my machine in Jersey at the mo! Can I catch up at the end of the week?

Thelma said...

Looks great Kate!

Myra said...

Hey Kate!
I popped on over from a link on Narelle's blog to see what this SAH Robin was all about.
I was very excited to see your group's awesome Canal Houses project! Love it so far!!! I am of Dutch descent, and thinking that such would make a lovely wall-quilt for my parents... Did you find the photo online? Did you do the line drawing?
Happy stitchings!