Sunday, October 25, 2009

Little crosses



Today was quite a productive sewing day. I finished quilting the Christmas mini from yesterday and will soon put the binding on it - maybe tomorrow, depending. Then I felt like doing something simple and scrappy, so I just grabbed fabrics from my scraps and made this, which I think will be the centre of a baby quilt. It's not quite big enough to be one on its own, but with another border around it - perhaps a print on black - it should do nicely. It hasn't made much of a dent in my scrap boxes, of course (the blocks, without sashing, are 5" square) but it was satisfying to do - something to get me back into the swing of things. I hope to get some more sewing done this week - I don't suppose I'll accomplish great quantities of stuff, but at least I can do some bits and pieces! It's nice to be at the machine again - I missed it.

2 comments:

Gail said...

This will make a really cute baby quilt! As for the scrap basket, do you every really get it empty or do you just add more? That's all I do:)

Ruth's Place said...

This will be stunning as a baby quilt. I haven't been at my machine at all this week. I'm hanging out to get back at it.