Monday, October 20, 2008

Cross stitch, goals



Real progress this week - I have finished the word "America" - now to start down the side and do the two robins in the nest. I think after that, I may dig out the Christmas pieces and put this down until mid-January or so (when I will be tired of Christmas pieces). I have one Christmas piece I might finish this year - it's a group of topiary planters with the letters "NOEL" on the planters, and is about a third done; the other is a group of angels ringing a bell with a border and the words "Hark the Herald Angels Sing [etc]" going around in a red border - I've been working on that one for years - but only about 6 weeks of the year!

Anyway, that's the cross-stitch update - here's a goals round-up

  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 18/10) - yes, it's basic, but done
  • set of star ornaments (deadline received by 1/11 in the US) - done, posted.
  • finish October birthday block - I'm calling this done - I have one 2 inch seam to sew and it can go in the post.
  • start ALQS2 - made good progress here - nearly finished, just need to bind and add a sleeve
  • work on Angela's quilt - nothing done here, but it's been a difficult week to work on any larger projects - maybe this week will be better for that

On to this week's goals:

  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 25/10) - I only have 4 more of these to do - last week's was number 48. As fun as it's been, I am definitely stopping when I get to the end of my year. I might do occasional pieces as journal quilts, but no more weekly committment - hoorah!
  • put binding on ALQS2 (deadline 11/10)
  • quilt mini for birthday swap with Andrea (deadline 1/11)
  • work on Angela's quilt

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

you have made great progress!

Jane said...

What good progress you've made.

Angela said...

oh these poor little birdies, it will be sad to see them put away again for a while, but I'm looking forward to seeing those christmas pieces :)