I've shown this quilt before in various stages, but not in the finished finished (i.e. even the binding is sewn down) stage before, as that was only finished tonight.
The blocks came from winning the block lotto in March 2011, and I made it up into a top fairly quickly - in about May of that year. But it took longer to have it quilted as it was large and I wanted to have it longarmed.
Which I did. Look at these great feathers - I think you can see them if you enlarge the photo.
I bound it using scrappy reds, as all the reds in the top are scrappy anyway.
This quilt will be a wedding present for Olivia's flute teacher. I was considering saving it for another engaged friend, but they haven't yet set a date, so there will be something else for them when the time comes. Emma, the flute teacher, is getting married over the Easter holidays, so it works well for her...