Sunday, November 07, 2010

Canal Houses - Done!



Today I worked on the last two houses, as well as finishing up the top-stitching on the ones which hadn't been done before. So, that's it. Here's a photo of as much of them as I can show at once - the two end ones have been cut off a little because I simply can't get far enough away from it to show the whole thing (even by standing on the coffee table and holding the camera over my head). God knows where I'm going to hang it when I get all my bits and eventually attach it all together. But I'm sure I'll figure out something...

In the end, I will get two of my own houses back - not sure which two, though I think we are all getting House A back. Originally it was only going to be one of our own back, but someone had to withdraw, so now it will be too. The hostess kindly said I could specify which one if there was one I really wanted, but looking at them all again, I can't make up my mind - I like them all!



These two are today's complete additions - the others have all been shown to some degree before. It's been a fun project, but I have to say, I am very glad to have finally finished.

10 comments:

Vicki W said...

Very cool!

Dahn said...

Thank god they're done! Thank god they're done! That has been my mantra all week.

And they look GREAT Kate. I cannot wait to see how everyone's looks. :-)

Dahn

jovaliquilts said...

These are terrific! love the layout.

Sarah Craig said...

Those are just fabulous, Kate! And I know you're relieved to have it finished....

Linda B. said...

Wonderful -I've wanted to do something like this since visiting Holland, but could never quite capture the atmosphere created by the proximity of the houses to thhe canals.

zarina said...

That is going to be one beautiful quilt/wall hanging(?). i am not brave enough to do that now - still loving my charm packs.

Wil said...

They are looking great Kate! And yes, this will be a huge baby when it is done :-)

Dolores said...

I really like them and would love to see the finished product.

Kathy said...

They are all wonderful! I'm not surprised you can't chose which ones to keep. I'm sure they were a lot of work - all that detail on windows and doors. I'll see the finished product when I come over in February, I imagine.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

This has been such a great project to follow..so pretty! Can't wait to see the final quilt.