Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More fabric





More fabric today, but most of it doesn't really count as I don't get to keep it, and don't have to pay for it! My commissioner (so to speak) got back to me about the quilt and has decided to go with the fabric with the gold touches, so I have been out to buy some more bits and pieces for that project - in fact, I got everything I need including the batting - the yellow stripe in this photo (above) is what I got for backing, from the sale bin - hoorah. The fabric is all washed now and will be tomorrow's main project - I did do some cutting today of the pieces I bought Sunday (which were already washed) and even pieced a few HST units, but trust me, it's not interesting enough for a photo just yet. Maybe tomorrow. I also got a little treat for myself - this package of FQs and box of ribbons in brown & pink - one of my favourite colour combos.



Amidst the ironing and cutting, I also finished up the Victorian house front - doesn't look much different in this photo, but I have added a backing and done the edges, etc. The colour is fairly good here, as well. Hopefully, my partner will like it!

4 comments:

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Kate, I love, love, love, love...the house! Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I did it ! I can leave a comment ! (for those of you who don't know me, anything more than emailing is a triumph !)

Love your new banner Kate.

artisbliss said...

I'm busy catching up on blogs today. I love the Victorian house!

McIrish Annie said...

Your vic house is wonderful! I know I've been away but I have caught up to you..

btw, mark lipinski is now calling us all cupcakes. LOL/

his mag is really a hoot and the drink and food recipes are usually good. I made the stacked chicken quesadillas from this last issue and my DH loved it.