A little more progress made in putting together some block sets to make top centres - these are actually two different tops, though assembled from the same set of blocks, so they are very similar. As usual, they will go in the basket to await some bordering.
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Today's sewing consisted of making and attaching some binding (my absolute least favourite part of quiltmaking - not the hand stitching it down, but this making & attaching stage. BORING!) for this quilt, so I could take it along to my quilt group and have something to stitch while chatting. Hope to get it done this week so I can show it!
Monday, March 28, 2016
Sunday, March 27, 2016
Saturday, March 26, 2016
Friday, March 25, 2016
A couple of finished sets of ATCs - these came to me to be the third player, which means that two people had already worked on them. With the palm trees I simply added some flowers to break up the bit green hillside on the right.
These dragonfly cards seemed nearly finished when they came to me. In this situations, I tend to add words; as the background text here was in French, I went with French words ("to fly").
Thursday, March 24, 2016
Another set of Linus blocks made into a top, though it will want a border of some sort. Off to the basket.
This closeup shows better the colours - it's got the notoriously difficult purple in it, so it was hard to get a good representation of the fabrics...
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
No update today, as I haven't stitched a stitch this week for various reasons. So I thought I'd show a new pattern I picked up as I was feeling spring-like, despite the weather's lack of cooperation. I probably won't get it stitched this spring, but you never know!
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Here's the flimsy of the top, stitched together. Looking good, if I do say so myself. It needs to be quilted, but not right this second. I hope to get to it over my upcoming Easter holidays (two weeks off, yay!).
This close up show the blocks a bit better, I think.
Monday, March 21, 2016
You saw the individual blocks for this baby quilt before, here's my progress in laying them out. The first thing I did was to lay them out in diagonal stripes (I had 8 of each border fabric), making sure that the ones with mice centres (one of each border fabric) were in different rows & columns.
Then, I went back and added in some larger squares of the main centre fabric (it's what's in the centres of most of the bordered blocks).
And finally, I added some larger squares of another fabric I had purchased, just for variety. I spent so long laying these out to try to get the distribution as good as possible. Totally unlike me, really! Next step is to get them all stitched together.
Sunday, March 20, 2016
This is one of those projects which I can't actually show much progress on as it goes along - this is some work on Round 2 of the Cotton Robin round robin. All of these fabrics are ones I'm considering adding to the centre block I received - you can't see the centre block, so I'm not really giving anything away with this photo. If you are interested in seeing what the centre blocks look like on this round, here they are...
Saturday, March 19, 2016
Friday, March 18, 2016
A few more ATcs which have come back to me finished. These are all ones which I started and then two other people worked on.
I'm not crazy about the order of the photos in this post, but I'm trying to post from my new tablet and I can't quite work out how to move the photos around...
Thursday, March 17, 2016
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Monday, March 14, 2016
..and here are lots of small (6" unfinished) blocks for the new baby quilt. I think I will intersperse them with a few other blocks from the focus fabric and an interesting grey fabric I have, but that will have to wait a little while.
Sunday, March 13, 2016
With the 18th birthday quilts finished and the binding on the red baby quilt, ready to be stitched down this week or next, it's time to make a start on the next baby quilt, needed in early May. So I did lots of cutting, a bit of stitching. More to come!
Saturday, March 12, 2016
...last but not least, the final one of the 18th birthday quilts. This one is for (you guessed it) Molly, who was 18 yesterday. I considered making an all black quilt, but in the end, though that was a bit over the top, so it's just somewhat black...
Friday, March 11, 2016
A couple of sets which came to me to finish (i.e. be the third person to work on). I added a little washi tape to these calendar birds,
And some little flowers to these green birds. Birds is a very common theme for ATCs, which is fine with me, as I love them!
Thursday, March 10, 2016
I often talk about putting something into my "Linus pile" and was thinking you might like to see where I keep stuff of that ilk, while it's waiting to go to the coordinator, etc. Here, in my living room, is a set of 5 baskets in the bottom of the bookcase. All these contain quilty things - not all Linus things, though.
Four of the baskets contain quilt tops in various stages - the left one and the fourth from left have Linus things in them; the other two have quilt tops (some with backings set aside with them) which are waiting to be quilted by me or a longarmer when I need them for something (or get around to it). The fifth (right hand) basket has batting in it. Not very exciting!
The left-hand basket has the tops which are waiting to have borders added.
The other basket has tops which have had borders added - when this begins to get full, I try to arrange a coffee date with Liz, my coordinator. Looks like the Easter holidays might be a time for that!
These are the two with my own quilt tops (ones I am keeping at least for the time being) in them.